Adding Color to the Kitchen!

Here is a quick refresher on what my kitchen used to look like.  Here is the full post on the renovation.


After: Although it is ever changing.  My husband says with me nothing is ever done. :)



For the more Permanent items like the granite and backsplash I went with a neutral pallets so as my taste changes I can simply change out my accessories!  And right now I am loving Turquoise and Lime Green!  My main color is turquoise but I wanted to break it up a bit with Lime Green here and there.  For my neutral colors I have used Browns and Grays as they are both in my granite and backsplash.


I wanted a BIG, BOLD statement on this wall.  You can see it from the front door and almost anywhere on the main floor.  I debated on several different ideas from a chalk board  to a whole bunch of signs but decided to go with EAT really really BIG!!!

I love the statement it makes.  I created the letters out of wood from old pallets and stained them to bring out the richness in the wood.  I used Early American Stain by Miniwax, so the letters would match my floor and help bring your eye up!





 I made my own signs (tutorial to come)  I wanted them to be simple, yet bring color and personality! 




 And of course every kitchen needs a little BLING!!! 


TTFN

Brooke

Linking here
http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com