My Tables Debut....

I am so excited to show off this table.  After all it has been 2 years in the making.  Once I got this table home and assessed it I realized it was in pretty bad shape, worse than I thought.  The trim on the table top was falling off, there were very deep scratches on the top.  

But I just loved the caster wheels and the oval shape it apparently blinded me to any other detail.

The original plan was to give it a good sanding and paint the whole thing until....I realized the table top was Tiger Oak.  I was lucky enough to sand most of the scratches out without going through the veneer, there are a few scratches left...but they are worth it.  

Are you ready to see there after??


Here she is all dolled up!  I am in Love with this table, she was well worth the wait.  


Once I decided to keep this table the hunt for chairs began.  I was hoping to have 6 chairs, as this table is 6 1/2 feet long, but I couldn't pass these chairs up, I loved the french style. 

These chairs originally had upholstered seats filled with horse hair....EEK!!  Since upholstery and children don't always mix too well, we made a wood top for them (tutorial to come)


And if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you may notice my new, free chandelier is hung!  (more to come on this beauty as well)





See that beautiful grain?  Isn't it just wonderful, oh I LOVE it!



The top of the table is stained with Miniwaxes Dark Walnut and sealed with a Spar Urathane.  I like to use spar urethanes when I can as they are a little more durable, however they do yellow so use caution.

The bottom of the table is painted in a custom color latex and I used a brown oil based glaze to add some depth.




I am so glad these caster wheels sold me on this table!


TTFN

Brooke

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram


Linking here

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday