My First Attempt at Upholstery...

I have been wanting to tackle an upholstery project for quite some time now.  I have a couch in my garage needing to be reupholster, however it is going to be a really big project so I decided to start with something a little smaller....like a slipcover.  I have been sewing clothes and quilts for years now but upholstery was a whole new experience. 

 I didn't work from a pattern for this chair, I pieced it together on the chair.  That being said I made my fair share of mistakes, I unpicked A LOT, but I wanted the slipcover to fit this chair tight.

Completing this slipcover took sometime, I would work on it for a bit, get frustrated, and leave it until I could figure out a better way to do it.  I am happy to say Finally it is DONE!!  There are a few mistakes and tucks, but for my first go we will call it a success!
  


I used an drop cloth for the fabric, which I pre washed in hopes to avoid any shrinking when washed. With 3 kiddos I am sure It will have to be washed at some point!






I need to make another slipcover for an identical chair, I hope it goes a bit smoother now that I have an idea of what I am doing.  I will try to take some more pictures along the way! 

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

TTFN

Brooke