Bright and Cheery!

I always get excited when I get to do a custom order with a fun color. 
 I am a little hesitant to do a bright color on my own, however I do always love how they turn out.  
This desk is for a friend of mine's daughter. They wanted it bright and cheery just like her room!  
I think it will fit perfect!  I used glass knobs on this piece to add a little detail but I didn't want the knobs to compete with the fun color.  



I used Pratt and Lambert's Myth of Old, I then used a brown glaze to bring out the details.  This piece top coated with a Poly Acrylic in satin!

I like to use Poly Acrylic on pieces that get more wear and tear.  A Poly offers a little more protection than a wax.    


I love how bright and cheery this desk is, maybe it will make doing homework a little more fun?! 



I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

TTFN

Brooke

Linking Here:

Sunday: 

Monday:

Tuesday:
Coastal Charm

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday
Miss Mustard Seed