Bed Frame Turned Bench

I had this old bed frame in my garage FOREVER.  I had previously redone it, for our guest room in our other house but once we moved I just didn't love the style of it anymore so it sat and sat and sat in the garage.  Until it finally spoke to me "please make me into a bench"  Brilliant!!  So that is just what I did!!


I was a little scared to try this, but I guess there is only one way to figure out if it will work, Trail and Error right???

I cut the foot board in half (no turning back now!)  The footboard was a little too short so I had to add some feet on the bottom, as you can see above.  Once I had it the height I needed I build a rectangular frame out of 2x4's and used LOTS AND LOTS of screws to secure everything together.  Once it was all put together I cut 1x4 pink planks down to 18 inch strips, and used finish nails to nail them into the 2x4 rectangular frame.

I wanted this bench to be a fun color, lime green seemed to be the right color!  I sprayed it green.....and it was green, way way way too green for my likings, it reminded me of a green monster.  I needed to somehow break up the green or repaint everything which didn't sound very fun.  I always hate when I do this, but if I don't love it I have a hard time selling it.

I contemplated for a few days until is decided to paint the spindles cream and use a stencil to add a few fun designs!  After it was glazed it looked just perfect, and I LOVED IT!! (check back later this week for a tutorial on the fun pillows!!)


TTFN

Brooke

Linking Here
The DIY dreamer
PoPP