Laundry Room




Our laundry room plays many roles in this house.... a mud room, a hallway out to the garage, and really just a catch all room.  It is not a very big room either so EVERY ounce of space is important.  

Last Saturday my husband decided to stack our washer and dryer.
{most front loading washers and dryers can be stack you just have to have the stacking kit, check with your manufacture}

And this is what came next!





This project has probably been one of my favorites!  We only bought 3 2x4's, the rest came from our garage.  Our goal for this project was to reuse materials we had already torn out of the house.  

The hard part was achieving my wish list:
*Pedestal for Laundry Baskets
*Bench
*Baskets for the girls clean clothes
*Storage
*Place for hanging things
 *STYLISH

You can imagine the look on my Husbands face when I told him everything I wanted!  

After stacking the Washer and Dryer we built the pedestal {which doubles as a bench} and continued to work up.  I had drawn up a few plans, but nothing was going according to plan so we just started "winging it".  



The hooks have been so nice!  I LOVE HOOKS...they are everywhere in my house.  Can you have too many?





The baskets for my girls clean clothes have been so wonderful, and has made folding much easier.  I love the texture the wicker brings to the space.




I painted the built in with Annie Sloan's Duck Egg Blue, I then glazed with it with Burnt Umber.  I love the color.  

 I love the end product and I got everything on my wish list.

I am so glad I have a husband that enjoys remodeling too.  It was fun to experiment.


Check out my Give Away here before you leave!