Dining Area and Chalk Paint Table


Before:


After


 I didn't really have a plan in mind for this area, I knew the feel I was going for but I didn't really know how to achieve exactly what I wanted.  Luckily things just kind of fell into place as we were working on the rest of the main level.  

My husband hung all the crown molding, as well as the molding on the back wall.  I really wanted a buffet table along the back wall but, with the moldings I don't believe it needs one! 

I painted the walls Tequilla by Kwal, I love the color, it brings a brightness to the room but is still dark enough to make the moldings stand out!   

The rug is a painted drop cloth.  This was probably the only thought out part of the whole area.  I had seen several painted drop cloths and I wanted to attempt one for this space.  If you want to read more about my drop cloth I wrote a post complete with tutorial here



I was not planning on getting a new table, however, one day my husband called me from DI, our local thrift store, and told me he had found an awesome table and asked if I could take the truck over there and pick it up.  You can't even imagine how happy I was when I saw this table...not to mention it was $40 and came with the leaf.   
I painted it with Annie Sloan's Old White Chalk Paint, sanded some of the edges and finished it off with Annie Sloan's soft wax.  I am so in LOVE with this table.  
( I have since refinished this table as the chalk paint didn't hold up as well as I had hoped with children, you can see the full post here)





I have always loved set tables so I finally got my own.  HOORAY!!  We will see how long it lasts, since I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old ;).

Brooke

Linking here:

Monday:Mod Vintage Life*C.R.A.F.T*Mad In Crafts*Lines Across My Face*DIY Home Sweet Home*Singing Three Little Birds*Crafts Keep Me Sane*Its So Very Cheri*Made with love monday*Making monday marvelous*Pink hippo party*The DIY showoff*Motivate me monday*Craftastic monday*Mad Skills*Making the World Cuter*Made by you mondays*Just something I whipped up mondays*Market yourself monday*Show it of Monday*A Round Tuit*Meet Me Monday*Whats in the Gunny Sack*More the Merrier Monday*Do it ya Self*Creative Me Monday*Craft O ManiacTuesday:Anti-Procrastination*Tuesday Tutorial*Sew Cute Tuesday*Anything Related*Anything goes*Crafty Lassie*Take a Look TuesdayWednesday:DIY by Design*Rae Gun Ramblings*Blue Cricket Design*Domestically Speaking*The Trendy Treehouse*Savvy Southern Style*Southern Lovely*Oopsey Daisy*Creative Share*Sugar and Spice*We did it!*Show & Tell*Be Inspired*Whatever goes Wednesday*Upcycled Awesome*Lil Luna link PARTAY*ReCreate Thursday: The Shabby Creek Cottage*Somewhat Simple*The Charm of Home*Strut your Stuff*Transformation Thursday*Show off your Stuff*Giveaway Directory*A crafty soiree*We can do it cheaper*Hooking up with HoH*Make it Wear it*It's stinkin' cute crafts*DIY Diva Thursdays*Crazy Cute Thursdays*Thingamajig Thursday  Friday: The Shady Porch*At the Picket Fence*French Country Cottage*2805 - Potpourri Friday*Common Ground*LaurieAnna's Vintage Home*Stuff and Nonsense*The Shabby Nest*Miss Mustard Seed*Finding Fabulous*Jillify It*Thirty Handmade Days*504 Main*Fancy this Fridays*Finding fabulous*It's a hodge podge Friday*Look at me I'm so crafty*Creation Corner*Friday Flair*Show and Tell Friday*Creative Genius*Shine on Fridays*Free for All Fridays Saturday:Weekend Wrap up Party*Saturday nite special*Show and Tell Saturdays*Weekend Soiree*Scrappy Saturdays*Six Sisters Stuff*Funky Junk Interiors*Be Different Act Normal*Candace Creations*Nutmeg Place Sunday:Think Pink Sundays*Under the Table and Dreaming*I Heart Nap Time*The DIY Showoff*Nifty Thrifty Things