Built In Shelf {the easy way} & tutorial

Before


I got this shelf at RC Willey's, a local furniture store, in their scratch and dent department.  It has actually been with us through 3 moves and always found itself in some odd corner or the basement if there wasn't a corner.  But I have always loved this piece, so I hung on to it and I am so glad I did.  When we moved I shoved it in this corner but it just looked out of place, like it was calling for a little attention.....

After


I love the look of ANYTHING built it.  I think it is the custom look that just makes my mouth water.   This is the easiest built it ever!!!

First I put it up on the base boards and my husband screwed it in to the studs.


 Second I framed in the bottom.


 The shelf didn't fit perfectly against the wall....it is a good thing we have caulk!


Third I caulked all the spaces and filled all the screw hole.  When caulking make sure you us acrylic painters caulk, if it has silicone in it your paint will NOT stick!
Once everything was dry I sanded, primed and painted it the same color as my moldings!  I am IN LOVE!

Here are some more pictures!












Check out the Give Away here before you leave!