My First Chalk Paint Project

Before (just the wall with wall paper)



After




This piece of furniture used to be black and I didn't actually hate it black, but we had to put it in storage and between all the moving it got all banged up.  
It isn't actually wood, it just has a vaneer on it so I was not sure how to make it look good again.  
When I heard that chalk paint would adhere to it with no sanding or priming I got the paint brush and went to town!  I loved how easy chalk paint was to work with!  Once it was painted I sanded some areas, and then I used a glaze to distress it.  After everything was dry I used Annie Sloan's soft wax and buffed it.  I couldn't be happier with the final product!

As for the wall itself.  The wall paper didn't come down to great, it left some residue behind.  I have always wanted an exposed plank wall.... so rather than sand it like a mad women I created a planked wall.  I actually just used hard board and ripped it down to 5 inch strips.  For the whole wall I believe it only cost me $20 and some paint!  

For Tutorials on these 2 projects click here

Happy Weekend!!

Brooke